Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round

After a many moons of not ovulating, ah the joys of living with PCOS, the drought is over. In honor of this occasion enjoy learning about about myths surrounding menses.
I forgot how bad cramps are. It feels as though someone just ripped out my ovaries, and all I want to do is sleep. Sure I'll go out and be helpful when that's the last thing I want to in this condition.

Bombs went off on buses again in England. An interested question was posed by a reporter on CNN to an English official. The English official goes on to say something to the effect of "well we needed to get back to business as usual". I'm not even British and I was pissed at what he said. Hey, if suicide bombers were able to get through undetected the first time, shouldn't be a red flag that you should close down and revamp? Queen Elizabeth is not going to abdicated her throne and the House of Lords will not crumble if people stay home a few days so the proper measures are in place to ensure their safety. I'm sure the people who lost their lives today would have appreciated it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home