Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, December 15, 2006

It Doesn't Cost A Thing To Smile

Woohoo!!! The semester is over. Papers have all been turned in and on time. I almost headed to campus in my jammies because it had been eons since I had done laundry. But that will be taken care of today. I was so happy to see Grey's Anatomy last night. I didn't even care that it was a rerun. It just means that I actually have free time on my hands. I get to read whatever I want for fun.

I really do believe that God doesn't close a door without opening a window. I received another rejection letter from a potential gig. It didn't even bother me. I was glad because I don't think I would have been able to get all of my work done with an additional yank in my chain. As far as I'm concerned it's all good. I didn't really want to head back into the black hole of retail anyway.

This weekend begins my way back to socialness. Tonight is a possible dinner date with a new mr. potential. Then tomorrow is a small get-together and a possible stop to one of my favorite places in the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home