Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

You're Dangerous, 'Cause You're Honest.

Ever just have one of those days when you're caught off guard? All I wanted to do was meet with the advisor and talk about next semester's classes. This is what happens when you blow off orientation. Nice touch. While I'm in Mr. Tribe's office I asked more question than he could answer. He's new to his job. As one classmate said, "no one wants to see him get fired because he's getting acclimated". Point taken. I mention that I plan to email Dr. Peace about a class sequence. Mr. Tribe says, "Let's go to her office it's just down the hall." It's days like that I wish I didn't have diarrhea of the mouth. Well, today it's down at the other end so hopefully the fun will end soon.

I was just stunned. I was a total deer in headlights. She just intimidated the heck out of me. Then my flood of the mouth still continued. But the more that I talked to her, the less afraid I became. She's totally awesome. I can understand her way on things much better after this chat. The prophecy did come true though. I choked on the first quiz. I cannot afford to fail. It's going to be another late night with Dr. Pepper and Little Debbie to get me through.

The one thing that keeps getting repeated to me whenever I go to see a professor or professional on campus, "I want to help to see you succed." I'm not used to the positive self-esteemness. It's not that other professors weren't positive influences. It's just that it feels like it's been so long that someone was in my corner cheering me on. I like the feeling.

Shopping with Fred is three hour long grudge match. At one point, he totallly flipped out because I was going to crush the paper napkins in the trunk. Unless paper napkins are on the endangered species list at PETA I didn't see what the big woo was about. He ran into some of his buddies and chatted it up. If anyone has a need for olive oil just let me know. Next year, I'm buying him a olive tree to avoid the middleman.



In other news, hi Hollywood I hope you enjoyed reading my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home