Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Just A Touch Of Love

The power of prayer has been amazing. Fred is still in ICU and oxygen but the ookabillion other tubes and needles are out of him. I'm reading up on about his special installation and he can't lift anything. Tonight I feel so screwed about everything. The increase in caffeine isn't helping matters. I feel like having a good primal scream just to get it out of my system. I thought about pulling it in the hospital parking lot but I didn't want to freak out security.

There's a strong possibility that Fred may return home this weekend. We are so not equipped to handle him. He's still disoriented. Today he didn't follow the conversation. He asked me questions like "Did your dad go to the mall?" My heart just took a nosedive. I stayed on top of the nurses to make sure he was situated before I left for the night. I'll tell you one thing. I'm not doing anymore double day visits. I'm totally spent and still have a paper to crank. I'm so panicked about not getting it done. I cannot drop the ball. I feel alone in the fact that it's up to me to do everything. Oh how I envy the sex and the city types. Life is one pseudo mini drama.

I picked up some interesting information from Cousin Dew and Uncle Bubba. Both of their daughters are going through some sense of entitlement selfishness. Because they are in their twenties they think it's up to daddy to bankroll their rock n roll lifestyle. When did it become a requirement that everything had to be bling bling and there be no consequences? Uncle B. went on to tell how his daughter had anorexia/bulimia because her friends kept telling her she was fat.

It's only Tuesday and I feel it's been longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home