Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Semi-Charmed Kind Of Life

Well Fred's out of the hospital and back to his regular schedule of rants. Ethel sent me with the wrong size shoes for him when it was time to be discharged but as you know it's my fault. Out of character,B.J. had time to be driver for Fred. He was so out of it driving. He kept missing streets and adding to the length of the trip. I knew better so for once I kept my mouth shut. Fred was all shits and giggles to B.J. on the ride home. It just kills me how all B.J. has to do is just show up and he's golden while I've knocked myself out with visits. Email from my instructor about my very late paper. Oh yeah I can feel the joy in response to that hot mess.

Fred now has enough doctors to have a posse. Deal with that Sean Combs. The pharmacy really hit the jackpot when I showed up with his list of new meds. I caught up with the latest O mag.

Even with Fred back with us, this is just the start of hard work yet to come. His loss of driving priveledges is going to turn me into a soccer mom for the geriatric set. Not to mention the number of extra office visits I'm adding to my routine. Ethel and I toasted a bon voyage to the silence over toast and sausages this morning.

I'd like to give a special shout out to the doctors, nurses, cnas, dietitians, chaplains, and janitorial staff. These past days just flew by with your help and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home