Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Something Familiar Something Peculiar

New month. New template. Same old me. It's been awhile since I've last written. I wish there were extenuating circumstances but there weren't. The dog didn't eat my homework. I didn't find Jesus. But for those born-again Christians who've claimed to have found him, could you let the rest of us in on the location? I have a few questions I'd like to ask. I have no problem waiting in line. After waiting 12 hours with my parents so they could get a flu shot, anything else is golden. I can bring my own folding chair, waterbottle, sandwich, and good book. I know the drill.

I've spent some time getting reacquainted with my camera. I'd forgotten how much fun I had taking them. Maybe I'll actually I'll post some if I ever get the nerve. Being shy and artistic does have it's drawbacks. People will ask to see a sample of my work and I'm just too afraid of the rejection. I don't know why I am the way I am. I'm sure I'll be celebrated just like every other artist. Hundreds of years later after I'm dead.

Rejection is an old long time friend. From jobs, friends, boyfriends, and other near misses, I should either pack up and move to Nashville to be a songwriter or hit the road singing the blues. I kid you not. In a span of one week, I lost my job, my boyfriend, and my apartment. It reminds me of the old Heehaw skit, a bunch of drunken hillbillies would sing this song called "Doom, Despair, and Tragedy on Me". One of the lines is "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".

I feel much better. Avoiding confrontation is one of my better traits. If I don't see you, I don't have to deal with whatever it is that is causing drama. Eventually it gets nipped in the bud, but I prefer to get my ducks in a row before that happens. The gift of time is good thing. Out of sight and out of mind and with that we will bid adieu to mr. potential from the lovely state of Washington. Thank you Seattle I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home