Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'll Be So Blue Just Thinking About You

I miss my hat. Yep, I said it. On Monday, when it was that combo of warm/cold outside, after grocery shopping I left it in the front passenger seat because I thought "eh, why bring it in, it's nice out". Stupid, stupid, mistake. The next day I go out to the car and it wasn't there. In its place was a Wal-mart bag. The kicker is that I hadn't been to that store in weeks. My blue and white speckled wool hat that I knitted by hand has been absconded by the great beyond. I'm pissed off. I've had that hat for over four years. I started knitting it when my mom was in the hospital. I have ripped the inside of the car and the trunk looking for it. Now I'm going after my place. I don't know why it would leave me. I loved that hat. Granted it went with nothing I wear but it didn't matter. It was unique and a starla original. I grow more frustrated each day passes by and it is not found. You know that I loved you, right? We went everywhere together. You're immortalized on film because of that picture I had taken with everybody after class. I'm sorry if I ever did anything wrong to hurt you. Please come back. I've heard of people stealing car radios, hubcaps, engines, tires, but a hat? This is so whack. I'm totally buggin' over this.

Now that the weather is rainy yucky out, I will have to go back to the yarn shop and make another one. I don't want to get caught without a hat. On that cold day this week, I went outside without a hat. I ended up getting a headache and the sniffles. I wasn't planning on starting any project because OMG IT'S 4 DAYS LEFT OF SHOPPING 'TIL CHRISTMAS!!! but I refuse to have my head uncovered. I tried an old hat I had but it's a tight fit and that's not good for circulation. When I see the blizzard conditions in Denver it scares me. When I think of shoveling my way out to freedom I shudder.

I'm so excited that I get to watch another night of Grey's. Life is good. Thank you God and Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home