Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Stars Might Lie

Yippee it's another Bears win. I didn't have the heart to watch another nerve-wracking game. I like that we'll have home field advantage during playoffs.

This weekend was touted by horoscopes as the one where Mr. Soulmate was to appear. Surprise, surprise when that didn't happen. I feel like I believed in the Great Pumpkin and got bupkiss in return. I don't know why I put my eggs in one basket. But with classes over I needed to find something to occupy my time. Why not, focus on the nonexistent lovelife?

The meet with mr. potential never happened. He called over two hours late and still expected me to see him. Um, no I don't think so. Then we rescheduled for the next day. Well fate decided it was not to be. We were ambushed by Uncle OG and his dvd of his excursion back to the motherland. Three hours later he was merrily on his way. But I was an hour late touching base with mr. p. Oh well.

I spent Saturday night at a small get-together in my old hood. I had forgotten what a pita parking was around there. My parking karma just sucked big time. Just as I thought, "I'll park by Green Mill and cab it over.", lo and behold a parking spot appeared. There might not have been alot of people because of the parking situation but I had fun. I surprised myself that I could carry on a non-school conversation. You just get into the mode of academic wordspeak and it's hard to shut down. I'm glad I just had one drink. Limits need to be put in place for a reason. One of A's roomates got schnockered. It was fun to watch. Even funner was when her one co-worker showed up. She claimed she didn't like him. Then why invite someone you can't stand over. Gee that makes total sense. The end of the evening turned into comedy because I couldn't remember which street the car was parked on. I had been driving down side streets for so long that I couldn't remember where it was. After some time, it was found and I was on my merry way. I almost went out afterwards but decided against it. Granted I could have gotten in the cheaper cover charge since it was after midnight and I looked the part but just didn't need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home