Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's not easy being green

I believe I have set a new record. The category. How quick can I put my foot in my mouth to before said date and cause it's cancellation.The answers is 3 days beforehand. I should just pack up my bags and head to a convent. Bill Murray's sister Nancy doesn't look worse for wear.

It's no fun being one step behind everyone else.Maybe it was a mistake to put myself out there.No, I take that back. Men can have every single fucking flaw in the free world and women are supposed to overlook them. On the flipside, women have more than three flaws and men somehow are able to have some kind of get-out-jail free card. WTF is wrong with this? I am so tired of having to explain myself. I guess I should consider myself lucky that at least I didn't show up and get humiliated in front of people so they could whisper, "Aw the poor old fat lady got stood up". Whatever. Feel free to keep a low profile. Meanwhile I can say what I really think about you.

Anyone who blows through a six figure trust fund while boozing it away at grad school deserves everything he gets. You put yourself in that hole and pissed away a great opportunity anyone else would have given their right arm for. Your drinking and driving was selfish and if you hurt anyone, you need to make amends. You have to go to meetings. Way to handle your business. If your parents weren't lawyers, your pretty boy ass would have been butt-fucked the minute the lights went out in jail. And attending more than 2 in patient treatment centers is too much for me. You were always evasive.You always gave more details than necessary.And I like a glass of Merlot from time to time and a whole bottle when with friends. It is not my lot in life to be a helper to a alcoholic. My time being the good enough to be a friend but not to date is over. You can be all sensitive but I'm supposed to walk on eggshells. Hell fucking no. Using the I'm in research line as a job description is total bullshit. Also you were using a thesaurus when you communicated with me? No one speaks that formally unless it's on C-Span. I may not have graduated from Smarty Small College but I have a Bachelor's just the same. Enjoy your time in waspy burbland. Go be Lance Romance with someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home