Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bear Down Chicago Bears

Final score 26 - 0

The last time the Bears won like this against the Packers was in 1991. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Everyone did their job and worked together as a team. Aside from the hard work, the Big Guy decided the FIBs could use some joy after what happened yesterday.

That's right Easy Readers Marshall Field's green has now become Macy's red. With Carson Pirie Scott hitting the skids, State Street will almost become unrecognizable. It's bad enough that the Palmer House is getting rid of the awnings. I almost went down to the protest but B.J. and Zach stopped by for a unscheduled day long visit. Even with the action in the place, I managed to read 70 pages for class. I have several assignments already due and feel like I'm playing catch up. I missed out on another job because they wanted someone younger. No nevermind to me. It just gives me a better opportunity to find a better gig.

The day before yesterday I had a choice of going to get a prescription filled or going to get my books because time was running out. I keep forgetting not everyone keeps late hours to stay open. At least the campus library keeps normal college hours. That was one of the things that annoyed me about a couple of colleges that I attended is that there libraries would close at 9pm. I can understand a public town library but not a college one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home