Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Oh happy day

In an interesting turn of events I went to the movies with BJ and saw March of Penguins at Old Orchard. I didn't park on the Maggiano's side because I inverted the theater numbers in my head. Apparently it was make balloon animals at Chammp's because it was like daycare just let out and throngs of kids with families were everywhere.

And much to my surprise, former place of employment was gone. Booted. 86'd. In its place another store that I doubt will keep the publics interest....Woohoo!!!! Bwahahaha!!! Perhaps I will write a letter to Westfield Malls to thank them for not renewing the evil bosses lease. I didn't steal the money just as I had said you assholes. Yet I had it deducted from my final paycheck because I was the manager. You refused to give it to me unless I agreed to your terms. Jerk. After it was discovered that psycho E. and little P. were the real thieves, no charges were pressed against them. After the money was recovered, it would have been common courtesy to give me an apology and my money back you weasel. I have my faults just like anyone else. I was guilty of wanting to help out a relative and I got majorly screwed for it. E. was a nutcase who flew under my radar. By the time I figured out what was up I begged my bosses to let me fire her. They wouldn't let me. On the upside is if they're out of business they can't badmouth me anymore. B. and S. you got exactly what you deserved. Thus proving my theory of what goes around comes around. Karma radar is always on. Remember to use your power for good and not evil.

Things were tough enough with the bad references he's given me when I first tried getting another job. It didn't do wonders for the state of my mental health. I have no clue what's going to happen this time around. They even screwed me out of unemployment. The bastards. I really don't want to go back to retail. I have done my time behind the counter. I've worked my share of Sundays, late nights, and major holidays when you maybe get one person in the store for the entire day. Not to mention Black Friday, 12 hour shifts, late night mall hours and gift wrapping until your hands cramp up. All of that headache and not getting paid a living wage. Just swell. Also one of the downsides of being a worker bee in the mall is the amount of crime that often goes unreported. Unless it's really bad, ie death, the public is never going to hear about it. My rant is over.

I really enjoyed March of the Penguins. I admit I dozed off in some parts but I'm not sure if it was from the air conditioner or the soothing voice of Morgan Freeman narrating. The cinematography was spectacular. The different shades of blue were amazing. There was this shot of a glacier and on the side there was this mosaic design of blue. It was amazing to me that they were able to film this and not disturb the process that the penguins go through. With the descriptions , it reminded me how animals and humans express basic values. To see boy and girl penguins rest their beaks on each other and make a heart shape really touched me. I covered my eyes when they did closeups of them being attacked and killed by their prey. I'm just built that way. That's why I wouldn't recommend this for kids under 7. A few of the baby penguins die as well and you'd have to have to where babies come from talk I'm guessing. I don't know if anyone else does this but I stay and watch the credits. It's important to remember that a lot of people were involved to make this film get to the big screen . This could be a date movie possibly.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well hello Deaconess of the Church of Betty Boop! Shit girl, I knew you were funny as hell but I had no idea you had such a natural talent for writing! I will look forward to reading your blog when I should be working. ;)

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im on my way to becoming a spinster..kinda scared but have to accept it.."to look life in the face" lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home