Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Is it any wonder?

And so it goes, no good deed ever goes unpunished. I spent half of the night picking out boogers out of my eye and very little sleep. The rat in the hat complex has poor hygiene. The only time I saw anyone with a spray bottle was on the tables that weren't being used. WTH are these parents thinking by not washing their kids hands? The whole idea is completely vomitrocious.

I spent some time updating some link information and was pleasantly surprised at Margaret Cho's website. She is coming out with another book. Cat's grin we SOOO have to go. I went with her to the first booksigning Margaret Cho had a few years ago.

Speaking of links, ladies an answer to our prayers. Are you tired of dealing with asshats? Men who should be labeled under construction, living on the down low, married, separated, deadbeat, into bestiality etc...I'm not saying women are perfect but you've got to check this out. It's called http://www.dontdatehimgirl.com. This site is pure genius. Between this and the show, Cheaters ,you're better able to make a more educated decision about who you let into your life.
This shouldn't be just for straight people. There should be one gays, transgenders, crossdressers, and other fetishes. There are bad apples in every bunch.

It's Thursday so that means pick up a Chicago Reader and figure out how to occupy your time.
Their online personal ads are sometimes funny. Now that there's a kinkier section you'll see Fred Fetish's ad about how he's into leather, vinyl, and is a guest lecturer at the Fetish Ball. Then you see Fred's more vanilla ad on the regular personal ad talking about how he likes to go to The Musicbox, catch a show at The Metro, and likes walks along the lakefront. Sounds like Fred's new name should be Sybil.

I've talked to a few people who are going to graduate school. I'm at such a crossroads right now. I don't know what to do. I'm asking for the impossible in wanting a guarantee. There are so few things in the world that are. Ideal situation would be to find a job at said college of my choice so I get tuition for free and still have insurance.

And no day would be complete without the daily digs from Ethel. The minute my coffee cup touches the table BOOM you need to fill in the blank. Every request is followed by "It's such a pity that you haven't lost weight". GEE. Hmm that's it. All of my problems would be solved if I shed half of my body weight in three days.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the word "vomitrocious" needs to be added to Webster's Dictionary. Oh, and we are SO going to see Cho again! Can't wait! Gotta get her signature on this new book too to add to my collection. Sorry to hear about your daily woes with Ethel. *hug*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home