Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm not your stepping stone

Goddamn it to hell. This day just bit the big one. I do this thing sometimes where I wake super early and can't get back to sleep. I'll go eat breakfast and of course Mr. Sandman decides to punch back in. Then I wake up later than what I would have been had I had a normal night of sleep.

B.J. called to see if I wanted to catch a flick. Of course he has no urge to see Walk The Line. Stupid me, slow on the uptake of cheating spouses. Ouch. Moving on, he asks me if I could babysit so he and Minnie can visit her friends The Newlywedsfreshfromhoneymoon. I agree and reorganize my day to fit them in. After picking up prescriptions for Ethel I head over there. The traffic was God awful. To the person driving the electric blue speckled Honda. Hey asshole, use the fucking turn signal if you're going to weave in and out of traffic like that. Wussy person must have seen my face because the last time they pulled it, they used a turn signal.

When I finally turn up,Minnie informs me oh hey they really don't need me but could I stay because she needs to get some work done. YOU CONNIVING LYING SACK OF SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!!! You KNEW Goddamn good and well that B.J. wasn't well enough to go out from this morning. Common courtesy, would have been to CALL me BITCH and tell me about the change in plans. I am so FUCKING sick of this I cannot begin to tell you. She's a total planner about everything. But I'm supposed to be afterthought. One of these days you're going to be stuck for a sitter. On the day that karma decides to whack it out of the ballpark, I hope it was worth it.

Oh just in case anyone sees a broom on their radar screens circling Midway Airport, don't be afraid. It's just a member of the coven coming to town for Thanksgiving.

I hung out with Zach just the same.I explained what happens on Turkey day. He got all excited and shared the good news with his dad.I did feel kind a sad.He's about to outgrow watching The Teletubbies. When I told Zach, I brought a tape of them with me, he was so happy. But Minnie retorted,"Boo to The Teletubbies.They're yucky. Boo". I thought,"What a coincidence, that's exactly how I feel about you.".

I noticed that she purged some of Zach's toys. I'm not saying hold on to everything like a pack rat but I notice that all of the coven's gifts are still there. Another thing that has annoyed me to end and I've never brought up. When pregzilla registered,Ethel and I bought her the industrial strength stroller and a pricey portable travel playpen. The stroller has been put to good use. The expensive playpen? I've never seen it around ANYWHERE. Most likely it was regifted to one of her more snotty friends. I am not her personal gift service. And I still haven't gotten my ten spot yet.

Another thing,I asked him if he was excited that Aunt Binnie was coming for a visit. He corrected me. He told me that her name was not Aunt Binnie but ethnicnameforaunt Binnie. Oh, I see. I'm supposed to be Just Starla and the rest of the coven is supposed to get titles. Bullshit. When she remembered to send out Zach's birthday party invitation,we are relegated to the relatives party. On the other hand her sisters and mom are going to his actually party with his classmates. Zach was telling me that Aunt Ginnie is his sister. I asked him who said this. He said his mommy told him. Unbelievable. I had to break it to him and explain that if he wanted a baby brother or a baby sister that his mommy and daddy would have to make him one.

When I asked Zach where the books I gave him last week were,he said he didn't know. My disdain came through when I said, "I hope your mommy didn't throw them out too".
I know I was wrong but you know what my days of me putting up on a happy face and being Miss Cellophane are winding down.

There is not enough alcohol in the free world to drown out this dreaded freight train of a holiday approaching.I wish I didn't have be the sober driver. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home