Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Make A Wish, Take A Chance, Make A Change

Improvements for 2006 and beyond
(in no particular order)
-continue to purge clutter welcome the "Hey I have too much crap tour 2006"
-keep consistent beauty aid treatments
-install artwork and shelves
-introduce a form of exercise and maintain a 3 times a week schedule
-following through quicker on tasks
-become more spiritual and pick a place of worship
-volunteer in the community
-get a job with tuition reimbursement
-rekindle certain friendships and make amends
-be more patient, forgiving, compassionate, and understanding
-take care of medical issues
-research and apply to graduate school
-create 4 pieces of artwork
-write more in journals leading me to greener pastures
-get more social
-make home improvements
-create a business plan and implement
-improve the relationships I have
-complete unfinished projects
-say please, thank you, and I love you a lot more
-become more self-sufficient and stay that way
-learn a foreign language
-surround myself with people who will love and support me unconditionally
-make God more of a partner in my life plan
-try out for Second City
-sing on stage
-earn enough money to be able to buy my parents a house
-learn to snowboard
-be less envious and more supportive
-be slow to anger and quick to (I forget I'll fill in when I find it)

It will be interesting to see later what happens and see which ones get accomplished. I'd at the very least plant a seed for some of this wishes. There were others that were left off of the list because those are more personal. Nonetheless, they are written down and may they come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home