Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It Was Only In My Dreams

This morning I woke up from quite a bizarre dream in location as well as characters. I was sitting with B.J. at The Music Box in one of the theaters waiting for the film to start. No I can't remember what we were going to see. The place was fairly full. All of the sudden and emcee of sorts comes to the stage as a warm up act as opposed to playing the pipe organ. He asks there are any couples in the audience who are not only on their first date but it's their first visit to The Music Box too. There was murmuring among the patrons. Then all of a sudden a few rows ahead of me Chez Paul's hand shots up and he stands proudly with some random girl. He announces that they are the very couple. Then there was thunderous applause for them. I just sat there stunned thinking, "Who in the world is he kidding?". I'm guessing that he's dating someone else and it's time for me to move on as well. Okay I've gotten the message loud and clear.

Yesterday when I went to make an exchange the toilet seat lid that had the butterflies embroidered that had the same shade as my toity was gone. I settled for one with seashells instead. I hoping in a feng shui way it makes more sense to have the seashells because they live in water and well you get the idea. It's all part of the cycle.

It was another trip to the land of home health supplies. It was great to able to talk about the tribute to Chicago's children's programs with the owner. Then it was off to make copies. Hopefully this time around I'll actually be able to make it to book club. Other signs of the evening included, the words belong and world class, a state license plate, and a ad for a non-profit organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home