Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Everybody sleeps

This morning I awoke to flem in my throat. For local easy readers like Catsmeow that means I'll sound like Kathleen Turner for the rest of the week. When you don't have medical insurance, you have to be creative with a combination of over the counter and holistic remedies. I'm using Collodial Silver, chammomile, and generic day flu. The best combination I came up with to get me through retail holiday hell days was Contac and generic Nyquil. Most likely these items now will need a prescription due to the Meth heads out there.

My body is still racked with illness.After a cup of tea, I fell asleep for two hours and awoke to the tv onto "the phew".(If you put two and two together, you'll have something)I know in theory Barbara Walters had a good idea but ABC has just spun this into another product endorsing frenzy that's filled with celebrities and blips about semi-serious issues but never take themselves too seriously because it's time for a commericial. I know Jane Pauley tried the talkshow track and didn't meet the numbers. At least she tried to ask questions that made you think and didn't insult your intelligence. But I know I'm not alone in wanting something on network television that doesn't insult a woman's intelligence. A serious discussion of issues with intelligent point and counterpoint with a woman's roundtable. I'd like it not to revolve around the expected working mother vs. nonworking mother issue. Give me a break. Women on each side work very hard at what they do and think they are doing what's best of their kids. You know what? Live and let live. Move past it and get along. Just remember the girls that you're raising for the fourth wave need to have enough self-esteem pumped into them as early and often because society will do everything capable to chop them down.

I tried staying up for a few hours to try to get some cleaning done. I didn't feel the need to participate in the after-Christmas sales because I'm well stocked with ribbon and paper. I just passed out for another three hours and slept off the illness. At least now I'm somewhat awake. The humidifier is acting funky. I'll just leaving you with the punchline. I'll be getting a new toilet seat. The why of the situation I'm saving for the situation comedy episode that it will be based on. It could only happen to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you feel better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home