Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We're Not Gonna Take It

The musical reference is courtesy of The Who and not Twisted Sister.

This morning Fred's sugar count was 200. To say that it's not good is a understatement. He's supposed to be taken to the nearest emergency room when this happens. He outright refused to go and pitched a total fit. He wouldn't listen to anything I had to say. This macho bravado is such a bunch of bullshit. I could wring his buddies necks. Fred actually pulled the "my buddy's is at 220 and he doesn't have to go". OMFG. Bottomline he wants me gone. Fine. I called his doctor so I'm not held liable for neglect. I'm burnt out being the family kicking post.

In other medical adventures I took Ethel to the dentist. On the caride over I stated my case. She needs to get her dental work done. They had built a wedding fund for me. I told her it was okay with me and spend the money on her now. Let's be realistic unless God,the Apostles, and the Virgin Mary knock on the door and introduce to Mr. He Loves Me for Me and wants to creates a Team Us with me, it's wrong to deny herself care of any kind when Fred doesn't at all. Her teeth have really taken a beating because of the chemotherapy treatment.

I informed her of my intentions to apply to graduate school. She actually said it was wrong for me to go. Hold up. It's okay for all the other girl cousins to go ahead and get MBA's and JD's but I'm supposed to hang back with just a bachelor's and settle for some schlock job. Fuck no. My days of being denied opportunities because her brother and sister ,who total are insecure jealous asshats, won't approve of it are over. They can't stand when myself or B.J. accomplish anything. I embraced my inner grown-up. I told that I loved her and if she didn't want to help me that's her decision. But that's not going to stop me. M.A. before MRS. You can count on that baby.

She tried to convince me that the abusive behavior my relatives dish out was normal. I point blank asked her how Grandpa P. would feel if he knew about the treatment she and I were getting from Fred. She told me even though she never got hit by him on the days when she tried to disagree about things he would throw things at her, like a piece of wood,barely missing her to get his point across. That little incident happened when she was thirty. OMG. This grandfather was held in such high esteem in lore and legend. He has just had the curtain pulled away. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

(post doctors and B.J. visit update)10 something in the evening

Yes I said doctors. Dr. Teeth took a look and a referral was made toute suite. After we got home I called said referral, begged, and got her in for a same day appointment. Two hours later we were out of there. Dr. Specialty Teeth was cool. I thanked everybody for fitting us in on such short notice. I know what a PITA staying late is and all you want to do is stay home. Mental note. Followup visit with him after the Rockette Teeth tour. I had to go in there because she was scared having someone new work on her. It's pretty funny that the book I'm reading involves chocolate and was read in dental offices. Proper meds were picked up and paid for. In a shocking surprise Fred had dinner waiting on the table. I thought it was too good to be true.

There's a rumble in the jungle. If you scroll a bit you'll see my tribute to the insomnia and the day being way off. Ethel didn't sleep at all that night either. Say what you want about the following. Whenever something major happens to a family member or someone close I sense it big time and Ethel does too.

B.J. is in major distress. I can't go into detail pending possible legal action. I can say this. Minnie I'm going to turn the cheek about the false gossip you've been saying about me. I may not be as well connected as you. I wasn't the Sweetheart of Sigma Chi. But I provided you with cash loans when you asked and NEVER did you repay, free babysitting, and items for your son. I will get my wagons in the circle. Mobilize the relatives with just one call. You can fool everyone else with your sainted act but I knew who and what you were from the minute I laid my eyes on you. I hope you recall that discussion we had at Club Lucky before you married B.J. I have never seen him like this. I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. I know you and B.J. can handle yourselves. Grownups can bounce back. Your priority should be your son. My mother should be recovering from surgery in peace and not have to hear such unsettling news.

In the past I would have confronted you and gone off but your kind thrives on dillusional drama. I'm turning it over to the Lord. I'm praying for guidance and help during this stressful time. If anyone reading this can pray for B.J. and my family, I'd appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home