Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, January 22, 2007

On The Outskirts And In The Fringes

Normally, I don't double post but I had a really rough day and just needed to get it down on paper. After today's studio class I'm starting to question my skills as a human being. Everything I made just stunk to high heaven. There are ancestors from the motherland who are spinning in their graves because I sucked so bad. As far as I'm concerned it's pinchpots for Hitler. I have no clue what to do. Part of me just wants to drop out. I'm so freaked out about this. I can't take my usual route of overeating and it's killing me. Everyone else around me was building masterpieces and all I could come with is shit. I'm so frustrated that I haven't mastered this skill that everyone seemed to have on their first try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home