Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Who Could It Be Now?

Apparently the fun never ends when you're a survivor of a crime. Yesterday we get letter from the City of Big Shoulders. Joe Burglar went through a redlight. It was caught by the high-tech cameras. And we win a ninety dollar ticket. Of course Fred completely loses it because I apparently attract burglars. I'll admit some of the guys I've dated were idiots, assholes, liars, drug-addicts, cheaters, but not burglars.

In things I don't want to deal with department, the cell phone people decided not to include the SIM card when they replaced the phone. Thank you NAFTA. Some low-paying factory worker decides to stick it to "the man" by not giving the phone what it needs. Isn't bad enough that I have to pay a deductible for this damn thing?

My cousin Annette, from Fred's side of the family, has left the states to go live in the big city in the motherland. She couldn't handle community college and was stringing along her parents. Her mom, Aunt Frederica, is such an airhead. Once during a visit with Ethel, she was telling us how Annette was planning on becoming a neo-natal nurse. Aunt Frederica was complaining how Annette can't get into any of her classes because there's a waiting list for all of her classes. I suspected there was something slim shady about it. I informed her if Annette had been accepted at a 4 year college this wouldn't be an issue. I asked how Annette decided on such a career switch. The last time I had heard anything it was how Annette was going to be a teacher. Frederica went on to say how Annette was influence by her cousin Gwendolyn. She is the daughter of Frederica's sister, Emma. Gwen graduated from Elmhurst College in nursing. Emma's husband, Mr. Groper, is a sleazoid. At one family function at Frederica and Maxim's , he hit on me. He put his hand above my knee in a gross old pervert kind of way. Luckily a relative came by and he let go. I told my mom and to this day I've never gone back to their New Year's Day Buffet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home