Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Every Other Day Of The Week Is Fine

I should know by now when I hear the radio on and Fred is in a good mood this early in the morning that I'm pretty much screwed. I had barely put my coffee cup down on the table and said good morning to Ethel when she nails me with the following,"You need to apologize to Minnie for what you said. She'd bring Zach over more often if it wasn't for you." Good fucking morning to you too. After I made my parting shots I got up immediately and left the room. Fred tried to joke with me in the kitchen. I warned him not to lay a finger on me with hot coffee in my hand. Then he called me a ungrateful bitch as I was closing the door. Yeah I don't like Mondays.

I'm trying very hard to put this into perspective. I have bouts of loneliness. It's not about being alone per say. I enjoy my company. I have no problem occupying my time. I have more than enough to do. It's that I need to build up my support system. I have to use unconventional means. Most people learn their networking abilities when they're little. Their parents have friends and usually socialize their kids with their friends, etc... This is not a dig against my parents.

Ethel just put her trust in the very people who she believed had her best interest at heart even after they stabbed her in the back more times than count. Her siblings are out for themselves. She measures my failures, her words not mines, against the typical success of her siblings' children. All but one are married, have children, and live the picture perfect life in the burbs. It's cool. Fred is the type to be Mr. JoeFriendly out in the world. However that doesn't translate when he gets home. His misogynistic ideas of women are constantly challenged by me. Again, it's who they are for better or worse. B.J. at one point actually blamed them as well as me for not introducing him to people when he returned to the States. He lamented he ended up with Minnie as a result of default. Dude that ship sailed because you were in stupid land when you got engaged and refused to listen to anyone.

Okay "The Golden Globes" are on. NBC how much narcotics did you do when you chose that theme song? OMG big poo-yucky. Adrian Brody your ascot made the rest of you outfit look like you slept in it from the night before. I do have to admit I was very happy to see Sandra Oh, Felicity Huffman, Reese Witherspoon, and Joaquin Phoenix win. Jeremy Piven was robbed as far as I'm concerned for his category.

Two new websites to check out easy readers. www.soulcysters.com -for those with pcos
and www.pattyduke.blogspot.com - for those with bi-polar and depression.

In the unexpected category,local news reported Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, and her daughters were on the sidelines during yesterday's game. Dude, that's why we got jonesed out of a win. This isn't a Lakers game. The Bears do not need fair weather celebrities on their sidelines. I hope the scalper prices you paid for the seats were worth it. Soldier Field is very touchy about who goes on the sidelines during a game. So much for security. If I were one of the McCaskey's, I would have hauled your butts back to where your seats were located.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home