Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Promises I Knew You'd Never Keep

Yep, I had a extra special day today. All I want to do it is pull the covers up over my head and stay here. I just don't need a mini-meltdown right now. I was so drained that I almost didn't have the strength for tonight's activities.

My mood wasn't helped any by the fact that before I left I was watching Beyond the Sea with Kevin Spacey. I came across that scene with Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee on their wedding night. I was a puddle of tears. He understood why she felt the way she did without having to say a word. I'm so freakin' tired of having to justify myself to every single potential contestant. Just pick up on the fact, that something happened and be a decent man. Jesus how hard is it to find a man who puts two and two together and gets something. There's no need for the soliliquy. I don't want a new pony. Just accept me as I am. Is that too much to ask?

Add to this the little altercation near the car before I left. It's a wonder I made it to my next appointment on time. Don't fucking lie to me. Stealing mail is a federal offense bitch. Yeah you're broke yet you have a expensive haircut with outfit to match. Last time I checked you didn't win the lottery. You were supposedly leaving the state in a week. According to my calculations, you've overstayed your welcome. No wait a minute you've already done that. Sure Fred said you could do whatever you want. No, I don't think so. Unlike Fred I will not fall for your pity act. I will do my civic duty and handle my business. The party's over for you and the skanky company you keep.

By the time I get to the appointment, I'm a wreck. Of course I forget my book and tissues. Toilet paper never fails. It's good for the front and the back end. I kept getting peppered with so many questions I thought I'd rather have a Pap Smear then go through this inquisition. I fell like a deck of cards. It was not pretty.

Luckily, the drive over for fun wasn't too bad. Zach learned all about Zamboni's. He told me when he grows up he wants to be a baseball player. With the way this kid catches, I think the Cubs could use him now. B.J. said I should let it go. Oh really, you can hold a grudge for over 28 years but I'm supposed to let it go.

The drive home was a disaster. Fred completely took skanky girl's side. Of course Ethel took his side. "She'd never say anything like that. You must have done something to upset her." Holy crap. She doesn't have a degree but because she's a SmugMarried with kids that gives her some special dispensation. I know the commandment says honor thy mother and thy father, but on days like today I wish that God had put in fine print an expiration date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home