Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I know it's going to be a lovely day

A rare post today easy readers. I feel blessed and whole. The sun is shining and so am I. The ingredients to this recipe of ease.Here it goes.

Yesterday, after numerous cancellations on both ends Catsmeow and I were able to hang out. It took some doing though. After constant interruptions from Fred and Ethel, I finally put my foot down and said I'm taking some time off. They knew about it well in advance I was going. I planned things so I didn't leave them in a lurch. Everything was okay. There was nothing that couldn't be taken care of on Monday. My cell phone was on as usual. Then the lady in line at the checkout of Osco side decided to ring EVERYTHING in her separately. The line was 5 people deep and we were all thinking wth is this mess. Lol.

Parking is a nightmare on Saturdays. I thought if Chicago's finest saw me do one more drive past them that I was going to get pulled over myself. After 20 minutes I got parking karma. I impressed myself by parallel parking from the left side of the street. It's not easy for me. I'm more used to parking on the right. I couldn't believe the number of condos being built in her neighborhood. Golly, that's going to change the neighborhood. The weather was great. I loved the feeling that the lake was nearby. It brought me back to my Uptown days.

Catsmeow's place is beautiful. She's done a great job decorating it. I'll admit I envy it. If Ethel finds out that Cats reapolstered her chairs that quickly, I'm in big trouble. I LOVED being on the balcony. I don't know why but I've always had a thing for balconies. Is this just a chick thing? Because of her back problem, we spent the afternoon watching Campus Ladies and the very first episodes of The Vicar of Dibley. Dawn French is a great example of a bbw actress who took a role and ran with it. For our dining pleasure Giordano's delivered a deep dish pizza of spinach and pepperoni. Or was it broccoli? It was yummy just the same.

The drive home provided some comedic pleasure. I passed by a place called "Miracle Medical Center". I just started laughing and all of these thoughts for ads just ran through my head. For instance, "Miracle Medical Center - It's a miracle we get paid anything by Medicare." "MMC- no MC Hammer didn't hiccup here." "Miracle Medical Center - It's a miracle we made it through today" "

When I arrived home, I spent some time doing a bit of reading, checking my emails, and wandering over to the chat room. Based on a reccommendation of a online friend, I said hello to someone. That decision sparked a chat session that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. I haven't had a chat like that since college. It was the kind of discussion where you could go on for hours and just share about everything. You didn't have to worry about being judged for what you thought. Yes the internet does give people some source of anonymity and liscense for makeovers without the surgery or the life coach. The arts have poked fun of the cases of mistaken identity for years. But not in this case. He saw me without my makeup. I saw him without his beloved Yankee cap. Anne of Green Gables said it best. I think I met a kindred spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home