Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wave Your Hand In The Air Like You Don't Care

Today was the day to dye the Chicago river green to start the St. Patrick's Day festivities. There's a auction where people can been to be in the official boat to let the dye go. It's vegetable dye so activists can relax. Never mind that officially isn't until next Friday but that's cool. The northside parade was today and southside parade is tomorrow. I still haven't made it down to the southside one yet. It's on my list of things to do.

Alas my tooth chipped. No clue how that happened either. One minute my tongue is rolling around in my mouth and it discovers something is missing. I'm so lucky that our pharmacist is honest. I was all set to spend major cash and he said it wasn't necessary. Why can't more people be like this? It reminds me of that scene in Designing Women where Mary Jo says, "It's for all the women who've ever gone to a mechanic, opened their purse, and just said here." I cannot wait until I'm in a better financial position to get the dvd of the seasons. Believe it or not the old time ABC "Afternoon Specials" are out on dvd. Oh yeah they'll make about the same difference as they did with us. Lol.

If you call a medical office and they say we'll get back to you as soon as you can, five hours later does not give me a good impression. I know it was a Friday but isn't it a bit early to get your St. Patty's Day groove going on people.

Yes I've been very neglectful easy readers. I've been doing some soul searching as to what I should give up for Lent. At first I thought extra dietary restrictions but that just makes me more bitchier than usual. Then I thought I'd be nicer to my family and I've chilled on some things but nah. Finally I've learned that community service is a option available similiar to first time offenders. www.volunteermatch.org is a great place to go if you feel the need to get active.

Oh mighty God, please let me get a job that has medical, dental, vision, and a tuition remimbursement. I'd ask for a new constentant but that would be pushing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home