Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, March 17, 2006

From Glen to Glen


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

May the road always rise to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the rain falls upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

My temporary Irish name is Lorna Murphy. You can get yours at Irish Name Generator

A family tradition is to watch "The Quiet Man" on this holiday. This week I've been running into people who went to high school with me. That almost never happens. Usually it's B.J. is the one who's recognized and instantly treated like a rock star. I've gotten used to it and it's okay. Also I started my Lenten service project.

On a side note a moment of silence for the late great Chicago legend Coach Ray Meier. Catsmeow broke the news to me tonight. She mentioned several local newscasters were teary eyed when they read that news. I'm still in shock. He was DePaul University's Men's Basketball Coach for as long as I could remember. He gave of himself to a sport he so very truly loved and volunteered to the community at large in so many ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home