Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Say Yes

I have no idea why this song is in my head but I woke up with it. It'll be the theme of the day. I don't know if I'll ever post this. I'm certainly not doing it for bragging rights.

But this morning something happened that will put wheels in motion for what I don't necessarily know. This morning Fred hit me. I should have seen this coming. For years, his taunts, threats, insults and overall verbal abuse of myself, Ethel, and B.J. are just something that I've always put up with. He knew how to hit without leaving a bruise or else I would have dialed 911 to have his ass arrested. Screw this. I've always been of one mind that if I were ever hit once an action plan would be put into place.

No longer will I put myself on hold for my family. I will pray that God will give me strength to make the right decisions. I will break the cycle. I have no idea what the FUCK I was thinking for hanging on to things. Common sense needs to kick in and fast. Game over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home