Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Can You Take Me Higher?

This semester is just bananas. Jack Frost is nipping more than my nose. I was so glad to find a store that had some thermal underwear left. It took me three stores before I found tops and bottoms. Sheesh. Note to retailers: This is the land of the windchill factor. That means you don't make your stores ship back inventory that they can still sell because IT'S STILL WINTER. Did the scientists involved with the global warning issues leak some information to you? Even Bessie the monkey from The Beverly Hillbillies, knows that you don't send back until after President's Day.

My body is just aching all over. I had no idea the arts could be a way to lose weight. Between the anxiety over professors and projects, I'm on my way to a smaller self. At the end of the day, I'm surprised I'm still able to make it back home. When Prof. X, asked me what I thought of something, I replied, "Whatever you think is fine by me." Nothing says respects like getting barked at by your drill sargeant err instructor. It's just draining the life of me.

It's really cutting into my laundry time. This is the second time in a month that I had to go shopping because there was no time. Last night was another example of impromptu interruptions. I was all set to go out when Ethel gets a call from her brother. She offers the information that I'm available to work the dvd player to see more adventures from the motherland. It ticked me off. All she had to do was say that I was anywhere but there. But hey she's just Ethel. I went out to the frozen tundra and found what I was looking for. I was so tempted to picked up a must have dvd. It's the limited edition (aren't they all?) of Pride and Prejudice. The version I love is the one starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I don't know why but it's my generation's version. I know a couple of years later another version made it to the big screen but it just wasn't the same. But I had to say no because higher learning was calling my name. Drat. Just the same I may pick it up this weekend since I have a coupon.

Then there was the free food giveaway on campus. It was a make your own sundae bar. I took a break from the trenches and walked down there. Par for the course there was a line around the block. As much as I wanted to have some ice cream I knew I could do without it. So it was right back to the drawing board. Put don't give me a gold star just yet. After dinner, I munched on some twizzlers.

In local news, some pregnant lady is going to the Superbowl because she put a temporary tatoo of ubid.com on her belly and will walk around with it in Miami. I hope there are no side effects from the ink.

Congrats to the folks who fixed the Tute's Lions helmets. The cold just cracked those suckers down the line yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home