Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hello again hello

Wow it's been a long time since I've been back here. I feel like I just picked up my journal from the shelf and can pick up where I left off. Well easy readers I've been a busy graduate student. I can't believe this is my second year of madness. If I could only find my ID card, it would bring my world back to balance.

My life has been basically filled with me and my nose in a book or near a computer typing my little heart out. There were no new contestants over the summer. There was one possibility but it fizzled out. All I had to remember him by were the charges on my cell phone bill for all the text messaging that conspired between us.

Some changes have gone on since I last posted.BJ,Zach, and Minnie have moved to the coast leaving Chicago behind. They had a hell of a time trying to sell the house. That is until the saint came into play. Which saint? Of course it's Saint Joseph the patron saint of house sellers. I thought I was going to have to go deep into religious bookstores to find one but all I had to do was go to the local hardware store to find one. It was the best eight dollars I ever spent. I went with Zach in the backyard and together we dug the statue in the backyard. Less than two weeks later they had a firm offer.

Fred,Ethel, and I miss Zach very much. It feels weird to drive by his preschool and know there is no reason to stop by. No more spring festivals or trick or treating. Until this past weekend I still had a booster seat and a bag of books in the trunk of the car. It feels weird to see it all clean. Now if only the cleaning mode would transfer to other areas to my life.


That's it for now. I'll try to post when I get my work done. Hopefully it won't be more than six months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home