Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, May 27, 2013

His Address Is Heaven Above

Ok easy readers let's start with the not so good stuff. Fred passed away in his sleep in 2009. It's hard to believe it's been four years without him. I know in the past I've posted about the issues that I had with him. But in the grand scheme of things, he was my Dad, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I tend to remember the good things about him. However BJ is quite the opposite. He's become very bitter and negative when it comes to anything related about our Dad. I guess everyone reacts differently when it comes to death. I don't bear any grudges against BJ.I hope he can eventually find peace or a good therapist to help him deal with his issues of anger.

Ethel has become quite the angry widow.She's become more demanding and short tempered. After Fred's death, she went on a total makeover of the place. Ethel and one of her sisters went through and basically tried to eliminate any trace of Fred. I stood my ground and was able to keep some things from being thrown out.

Ethel, BJ, and other relatives have seen Fred in their dreams. I have never had those dreams. However this weekend,I felt his prescence at home. I was sitting on the couch and all of the sudden there was quite an unexplainable odor. It smelled exactly like Fred. It lasted for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday.

As this is Memorial Day, I'd like to thank those who have served our country in the armed forces. Let us not take for granted the liberties that those who served have given their lives for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home