Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, January 20, 2006

'Cause life is like this

Low drama days make me happy. Listening to the news reporters flipping out about the upcoming blizzard makes me laugh. It's January. If it didn't snow in the Midwest, what would we do? We could try to build the biggest margarita glass and line it with the unused salt. Donate the proceeds to world peace.

Speaking of margaritas why is there a Cheeseburger in Paradise in Illinois for? I love Jimmy Buffett. I don't know what Warren Buffett sings during kareoke but my saving grace is being able to sing "Margaritaville". Yes I know I could change my destiny and head to either coast. Perhaps revive the Poconos hotel circuit in lounge singing. I don't see the need to franchise everything. I like regional food. Fred always say you should make an effort to try to have something new whenever you go out to eat.

Ethel's health is freaky this morning. It will be another teeth puller to get her to go the doctor. I was able to have my morning coffee and no cheap shots. But I was reminded by Ethel about the bad dream I had told her about a few weeks ago. The dream was that four men walked through the living room. After yesterday I'm creeped out. Oh curses DishNetwork. Please bring back the Lifetime network. I having severe withdrawl not being able to watch Designing Women and Golden Girls.

This rant goes to those sites that won't let me in to post so I'm doing it here. One will be more obvious that the other. Site one, I've cleared my cookies and files, done the rebooty rumpshake more than once, sent you two emails and still no response. I will email them again on Monday if nothing has happened. I'm a generally nice quirky chic with something to contribute. The next rant is more directed.

While I'm usually such a champion of what Dr. Phil has to say. The program title was "Kids Ask Dr. Phil". This could have been a repeat but I don't know. Today I felt like throwing cheese puffs at the TV and quoting back to him, his famous question of "What the hell were you thinking?". It was his response to a 15yr. old girl whose mom banned her from posting onto www.facebook.com in the house. The budding authoress left herself logged on and mom stone cold busted her. The site contained bikini photos of her as well she listed everything that she's been doing with the boyfriend that her parents had no clue about. Dr. Phil had the opinion that this girl should be allowed to go back on because she's generally a "good kid". Um hello. You outed her on national television that this girl has been logging on at home while her parents aren't at home. As well, her mom knows about it and has let it slide. I'm sorry but this mother and daughter did not deserve a trip to your studios for this topic. Your staff as well as yourself COMPLETELY dropped the ball on this one.

ABC or NBC did a report on facebook craze. Here's something I bet you didn't know. College admissions reps are lurking on these sites and documenting EVERYTHING these kids are posting. There are those who are denying admission to student because of their posting such sites. Some colleges are now requiring kids to list their personal websites along with their essays for admission. Little Miss Facebook and her mama are in for a rude awakening come college admission time and can't figure out why her darling precious gets rejected from her dream college. There are government agencies who are refusing to let college kids become interns because of what they posted.

Even though Google hasn't let "The Man" have access to their search records that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened already. College kids are being booted left and right for what they've posted online. Two young womens death could have been prevented were it not for these places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home