Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day

Yes easy readers. The sun was out today. I did something that I haven't been able to do in 8 years. I visited my electrologist. Fred and Ethel were behaving like normal people. Fred didn't go ballistic when I told him I had a appointment to go to. I found her new location perfectly. I was fifteen minutes early to boot. I wasn't even interested in the desserts she had on the buffet.

The last time I had seen her, her son was at an age when he was afraid to go away to sleep away camp and her daughter was planning her bat mitzvah. Now they're both in college. Where has the time gone? M. looked flawless as always. She has not gained an ounce. I'm so proud that she and her husband did such a great job raising their kids. I wonder what Zach will be like when he gets to be their age. I have a lot of respect for any parent trying to raise kids these days.

I was very impressed in how well versed she was about PCOS. If I had the insurance she would have given me a referral for a doctor she knows. It still ticks me off after reading on the boards that hair removal for women is not covered under most insurances. They can cover pills for a guy so his dick can harden. But a woman who wants facial hair removed so she's not ostracized in public can't possibly be insured for a "cosmetic procedure". That was one of the reasons I surmised that Chez Paul just wasn't that into me. Going in for job interviews are as competitive as any Southern Sorority Rush. Tell me how many places would hire a woman with any facial hair. Not many. It's understandable. In a place of business, everyone should be well-groomed and looking presentable.

Stan and Terry said it best on their radio show today. You wouldn't want your doctor who's about to do surgery on you come in to the operating room with tattoos up and down his arms, a earring on his eyebrow and his tongue, talking about how hung over he was from the other night. Just the same as you wouldn't want you lawyer walking into court wearing Dr. Marten boots with fishnets,leather mini-skirt, and matching leather jacket with chains.The unfortunate reality is that you're judged by what you put out there.

I got a not so good letter today. You can forget but there's always a reminder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home