Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

What A Jagged Little Pill

About know I'd start to list how my day went. It would include whatever comments I received and thoughts I had to the events of the day. Instead I'm stewing in a sea of outrage, confusion, frustration, disappointment, concern, and lastly prayer. I read something today that just disturbed me to no end. I can't believe something like this has hit close to home literally and figuratively. I can't shake the way I feel. It's been over 4 hours and I still am wrapping my head around this action that was taken locally.

Because I can problem solve other situations besides my own, there's an opportunity where I can be a part of the answer. However, I'm tethered to obligations that are not easy to untie. It's not just about feeling the fear and doing it anyway. My actions would rock the foundation of where I stand. That's pretty harsh considering that I always have one foot out of the door as it is.

A while ago I had made peace with the religion of my family because of Ethel's cancer. Perhaps God is testing me now. I want to dig my heels in on this one. I pray that for guidance that will lead me to the decision that is best for me.

In a interesting turn of events, I've discovered masks of some people who I thought I could trust. This isn't a the whole world is against me kind of thing. It's more of my surprise to the unexpected reaction to situations I thought they agreed with me. Trying to filter fair weather friends is not easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home