Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, March 24, 2006

If you sing a song a day you will make a better way

A headache and a trip to Dr. Junior. Feel the love.I'm not really looking forward stepping out of my comfort zone tonight. But if I can fit everything that I need to do would be great.

I've been having that reoccurring dream about me and the trapeze more and more frequently lately.

11:22pm
Update.Well I did it. I was able to do something for me AND them. I had my teeth cleaned and the hygenist was a riot. She and I got along great. Vicki gave me a great tip on flossing. If you double up on the floss when you're between the teeth you get more out. I need a mouth guard because I grind my teeth. Other fun things I need to have done but I need a job first. Not all of us can marry for the insurance ala Desparate Housewives.

I pampered myself. I got over my case of the grumps real fast. The colorist is a new legal immigrant. She's originally from Kosovo. Yes as in guns, bombs, and big trouble. She ended up in Albania for 2 years waiting for her husband to have her sponsored over with her sons. Her younger son is having a hard time making the transition to the American style playing. Back in the village his kid was used to the old "go out and play" vs the "organized sport route". Poor kid. What was really freaky was that she kept introducing me to people from my tribe. One guy was trying to flirt with me. I was thinking, "Are you kidding me? I look like total crap and he's putting the dog moves on me". Lol. The stylist who was a waspy as Elle Woods said that "Your hair is the bomb ass". WTH? Lol. I took it as a compliment. The manicurist was a total doll. She used to work for the Dept. of Transportation at O'Hare. There was some freaky shit that had gone down. She told a story of a Pakistani woman was stopped and searched. In her luggage was discovered books on how to develop a terrorist cells. Our country is so unprepared. Playing red light, green light, with security is completely stupid. To the schoolbus driver who parallel blocked me so her kid could get something from a store. Thank you for wasting 20 minutes of my time.

I dash home to change. Fred is being all obnoxious about dinner. When I told him I was going out. His face just turned into rage in an instant. But he couldn't say anything because I need to network if were to have cash coming in.

I attended a alumni function. Very nice. As per starlaness, there was the running around looking for clean clothes and nice shoes. Note to self must upgrade. Of course today my instincts decide to be shit and I go in the opposite direction on Meecham Rd. It was a good turnout. I met some new people. Brilliant funny women. I have to get my ass in gear and get my resume done toute de suite. The appetizers are great from what i could eat. I tried to stick to Lenten rules. My heart went out to another PCOS-er. I so wanted so give her the number of my electrologist but I didn't want to say anything. But we talked about the challenges of dating and I admitted that until I went and did something about my problem that I felt very crummy about myself.

After I came home I decided to turn off my profile on a dating site. I decided to add to my growing lists of things for Lent. I'm giving up dealing with emotional fuckwits. I know I have myself to blame for reading into it but who cares? It sucks when someone hurts your feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home