Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, March 27, 2006

It's A Miracle

Apparently today was a day for a change in plans. I overheard Fred being threatened by IllegalIone that he's supposed to let her use the address as a free post office box for another month. Bitch I don't think so. The proper authorities will be notified this week.

I stopped by to cheer Zach up. He was sick because a member of the coven was in town. I suspect it's Chuck E. Cheese hangover. We watched Lou Dobbs spin on the illegal immigrant marches. It's wrong that the American media are forgetting to include the words suchs as ILLEGAL and ALIEN as part of the equation. A sick sad suggestion I posed to B.J. was to employ the the ex-cons who have a good shot and have them work border partrol.
Realistically Congress needs to pass measures that hit the corporations in the pocketbooks very hard. Supreme Court needs to overturn the 1981 case that made it a requirement for the United States to educate illegal immigrant children. If you look at the numbers, the amount of dollars that they supposedly pay into the system does not cover the services they use. There have been two amnesties already delivered to illegal immigrants. Let's face it, had our government been more vigiliant in protecting our borders, 9/11 would not have happened. The guest worker program has been in place since World War I. I find it hard to believe that there isn't another option available. Time to put on your thinking caps.

But on the drive home, I did some more thinking on the subject. Regardless of what side of the fence you're on this subject, they are humans and need to be given the dignity they deserve. As bizarre as this sounds I prayed for them then genuflected as I passed by a church.

I stopped by Jewel on the way home because I needed to get something for dinner. Never go into a grocery store hungry. It was so hard not to go after the usual delectable delights. It killed me not to be able to pick my favorite treats. I was tempted but I held strong. I just grumbled about it and went by. Here's where the story is about to get interesting.

It's dark and rainy in Chicagoland. I pull out of the parking lot and head westbound and pass through two intersections. The light was green and I had the right of the way and I stay in the middle lane. As I pass through intersection number two, CellPhoneSteve who was heading southbound decides to make a southwest turn and is beside me. Then he decides to try to ram his car into mine. Why I don't know? Did I do anything to provoke him? No way. Then the next sequence of events made it feel as if I was watching a slow-motion scene in the movie. I can see CPS's aiming his car to hit me and I'm thinking go ahead hit me. But then in a split second something comes over me like it doesn't have to be this way. I slam the carhorn and a swerve over into the empty left lane and go back to the middle lane. In my rearview mirror I can see weaselboy in the far left turn lane of intersection number three. I don't know why it turned out the way it did. I truly felt that someone else was in the car with me helping to turn the wheel.

Whether you think it was my Guardian Angel, Jesus, or God, I felt that I was not alone. What I took away from tonight was that even though someone or thing tries to hurt me, it doesn't mean that it has to throw me completely off course. I can come back to my chosen path.

May God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home