Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Teach Your Children Well

Most of my day was spent being seranaded while I was cleaning. It's laundry a go-go time. I can finally see the floor in my room kinda. Some people may think it was a bad thing that my role model was Oscar Madison.

After confirmation from a friend, it must have been brothers be kind to your sisters week. B.J. and I saw V for Vendetta at the mall who scammed my post without asking me. An excellent screenplay with intelligent dialogue. It surprised me how close another Hitler is possible if we the people of the world don't get our act together. I hate to say that I always get Jennifer Garner and Natalie Portman confused because they look so similar to me. The violent scenes made me squeamish. However the theater left me with a bad taste in my mouth for another reason altogether.

As we were walking up the aisle to leave, I spotted a nutjob couple helping their 3 or 4 year old son with their coat. WTGDFH were they thinking? I doubt the screenwriters intended this film to be viewed by a toddler. There's a rating system for a reason. When it says PG-13 or R, that means that age AND under are not allowed to see it. This parental guidance stuff we all know is a bunch of bullshit. I'm sorry but it is. It isn't about jr. high kids trying to sneak into movies. This is about parents who are selfish enough to bring their kids into a theater with others who either left their kids with a sitter or don't have them and expect us to just deal with it.
No I don't think so. More and more I see this kind of thing happen. Little kids can only handle so much grown up stuff and not have it affect them.

It's being a challenge going on the Lenten diet when Fred and Ethel are eating pork chops and broccoli with cheese. Easter get here I miss meat and dairy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home