Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's no fun being an...

I really struggled with whether I should anything about this situation. Yet again this afternoon I heard the recognizable hacking cough of the old man as he came back to trespass on the property.The day before his son harrassed my father again into doing the "right thing". Um yeah. A big FUCK YOU to you.

I'd like to giva a big shout out to the Dept. Of Homeland Security and the Immigration and Naturalization section. I talked to a lovely lady who gave a phone number and advice. Just in case you ever have to deal with an illegal alien who's been an agressive asshole. Here's what you're allowed to do easy readers:

You have the right to dial 911.

Today was just another lesson in how when I do for others it comes back to me. Ethel decides out of the blue to want to visit her grandson. Well that screws me out of a night doing something for myself since I spent yesterday in laundry hell. Minnie claimed that she was going to take Zach "lollipop shopping" so like an idiot I offered to bring him treats. Minnie kept flipflopping about when and what to wear. My patience was just wearing thin. There was a point where there was so much crap going on I just went and curled up on the couch. Fred got mad at me because I turned off his tape player because it was time to leave. Another lovely verbal assault because I don't take the routes he wanted. I made the mistake of mentioning that after I dropped them off then I needed to pick up the candy. Fred flips out and orders that Jewel will not do because he heard from his buddies that there's a cleanliness issue. Fine. So I drove and tried to find the old candy shop/bakery that I knew when I was kid. Well another one bites the dust and of course it was the start of rush hour. There's was no where to turn until I finally got on California and passed Swedish Covenant. So random creep guy in a school bus yellow SVU followed me for quite a long time. I have no idea what the hell that was about. I finally find a Fannie Mae store and get five dollars worth of lollipops. Then Minnie pages me. Zach's all frantic and waiting by the window. Poor little guy. But it was all about the lollipops baby when I got there. In the meantime he played piano and soccer with the OG's. Then we went outside because it was a beautiful day. We threw the frisbee. We played pretend fishing and hide and seek. It was funny. He kept coming up with suggestions as to where we should hide. Even if Osama did the same thing with Bush, GW still couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. On the upside I found his sunglasses. Fred insisted we leave at the heart of rush hour. Ethel just had to give her side comments. Gee really fucking easy to complain when you're not doing the driving. And to the fucker on Pulaski who cut in front of me with no warning. You're very lucky the only word to come out of my mouth was idiot when you pulled that move. Did you really expect me to pull up beside you so you could have your macho road rage moment? Sorry better luck next time.

In other world news welcome home Jill Carroll. Let us thank her negotiators, our military, the State Dept., and the Iraqis who were able to help her get out of alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home