Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Just An Old Fashioned Love Song



Happy St. Valentine's Day to all my easy readers!!!


Yes I should probably be in a karoake bar doing a swaggering rendition of "Love Stinks" or any bevvy of torch songs but I'm a romantic at heart what can I say. I was brain washed courtesy of the all of the old movies I saw as a kid. However, I'm a little bit wiser after watching tonight's Dr. Phil dating special. It was a great Gilmore Girls episode. I didn't see tonight's Charlie Brown Special but I thought I'd post my favorite valentine courtesy of Mr. Schulz and Hallmark. My culinary contribution was to make the shape of a heart using cheddar cheese on top of a extra cheese pizza.

Despite whatever foibles may have happened to me during the day. (I'm talking to you Ms. Big Hair Lincoln Continental who felt the need to brake at every green light for five intersections. The least you could have done was get into the right lane. I was glad to turn when I did so the other cars behind me could continue to curse and honk at you. To Miss Snotty Trixie at the post office. Unlike you who was driving the monster truck to maim behind me, I did not have enough space to enter the parking lot. The Minivan Mom was selfish, was too far in my lane, and exiting in the wrong direction. You didn't earn any extra Trixie points when you shot me a dirty look as you entered the post office before me. They liked me better anyway which is why I was served first.)

I truly believe in the power of love. It a verb. That's what it's all about. It's what's happening. Effie on WGCI said it best. It's about being a priority in someone's life instead of a option. The Sun-Times had some great how-we-met stories in there today. I loved the one about the couple who brought back their bill from their honeymoon at the Drake Hotel. Then 60 yrs. later in honor of their anniversary the hotel only charges them what they paid back then. Seven dollars for their hotel room.

Here's today's best bumper sticker.

"God bless the world. No exceptions"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home