Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

On The Road That I Must Travel

Coffee in the evenings is not a good things with someone like me. Fred told me to be quiet tonight. Hey if he wanted it to happen then his behind should have been at the meeting. I had no idea how much shit was truly going down. I spoke up and addressed some issues that they tried to lay blame on us. Oh no kimosabe. The fingerpointing belongs to our neighbors to the east. Twas their phony butts that caused the problems in the first place. It was cool to see some neighbors I've haven't seen in awhile. One of our longtime neighbors is selling. She is such a hoot and I will miss her. I look forward to the next meeting.

For some bizarre reason I feel the need to apply to law school. Why? From my friends and relatives who are lawyers, I've heard the horror stories. The lack of employment, the hours, corporate bullshit, and law school in general is enough reason not to pursue it. But I can't explain why I feel my heart is leading me to this decision. In part I never want to be in a position of not having options. I know I'll pray about it tonight.

This morning I felt bad about something that happened but I believe things happen for a reason.I didn't mean to do it. I have avoided cleaning that particular spot and now I'm paying for it dearly. I took a misstep and broke a item I made that I was seven. I know we're not supposed to be so attached to material things but it's one of the few things I held onto. I've spent the last fifteen minutes crying my eyes out. I know superglue will make it better. It won't be perfect but it will serve as a reminder that neither was my childhood. It was a Mother's Day Gift I had made for Ethel but she didn't want it around anymore so she gave it back to me. Funny she still kept B.J.'s gift but not mine. In the past a sentence like that would require a litany of woe is me type of stuff. It's her decision. She can do what she wants. I'm just never going to be enough for her. That's okay. I know I'm not alone. Thank you intraweb.

B.J. was kind enough to burn a CD for me. The majority of the songs he chose make me want to take a nap but I didn't have the heart to tell him. With all that I have to do, I cannot afford to tick him off.

Recent posts have been MIA but I feel the need to choose my words carefully. Things are not always as they seen. But still. I don't know why I can't let it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home