Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, February 13, 2006

It's The End Of The World As We Know It

The inspiration for this title comes courtesy of last night's incredibly awesome episode of Grey's Anatomy. OMG Shonda Rhimes is a brilliant writer. A Chicago native as well. Maybe the green dye that gets put into the water every St. Patrick's Day has something to do with the output of writers. If you're as big a fan as I am you have to check out her blog. www.greyswriters.com George you're awesome. He's the ultimate nice guy who I hope gets a non-std romance storyline. I know it's too easy to have him hook up with Meredith. The closing monologue had Meredith talking about how she'd spend the last day of her life if she knew the end was tomorrow. After last night, I will never give myself a beauty treatment while watching this show. My eyes were tear filled with no place to go because I was waiting for my mask to dry. I did make me think how I would like to spend my day.

First,I would add four extra hours to the day because don't well all wish for more time? That would be followed by breakfast at Arnold's and I'd spend most of the morning painting my final canvas at a studio. I'd take a break for lunch on the lakefront at North Ave. and spend the rest of the afternoon finalizing my funeral plans, and writing letters to friends and family members. I'd have dinner at my favorite restaurant. I'd stop by and give Zach a hug, my favorite teddy bear, and a kiss. Then I'd head down to the Green Mill and catch the early set with a bottle of Merlot on the table and a pack of Virgina Slims Menthol Lights. I'd take that final drive down LSD. When I got home,I'd write my final blog entry, listen to some good tunes, and read the bible.
(Please note, this is purely hypothetical. Repeat I am not on the edge nor have I met The Edge from U2.)

But last night's nightmare woke me up with some vivid images. I had 2 boxes stored in a practice room at a facility. The boxes had some things that given to me by Fred and Ethel. The door had some glass so you could see inside. Everyday I'd stop by to check on things. Until one day the boxes were gone. In the dream, I raised the roof to a new decibel with my shouting. In reality,I woke up to my throat being very sore as if I had done so.

In the dream,the managers finally disclose that B.J. and Minnie are the ones who took the boxes. When I confront B.J. I'm told that Minnie gave away my things and it was their right to do so. I end up yelling at him and saying something along the lines of I hate you and never want anything to do with you ever again.

This dream shook me so bad that I talked to Ethel about it. She thinks dreams are the opposite of what really happens. That's her bag. I don't think so. I said if there's some she want me or B.J. to have to make a list. When I have dreams like this it makes me want to apply to law school.

In further adventures of Alzheimer's with Fred, he was mad at us for not telling him today was Monday. He thought it was Sunday. Sure B.J., Fred doesn't need to get checked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home