Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Plays Games All Sorts

Contrary to your beliefs, she is no freakin' Mary Poppins. She only tells you what you want to hear. It's a shame that you can't see me for who I am and value that. No one likes being made to feel bad about themselves at that early in the morning. I choose not to yell because I care more about my voice than getting my point across. Actions speak volumes that true. Let's evaluate shall we.

I was supposed to pick up Zach with Minnie's car. It would have been the ookabillionth time that she "forgets" to fill up her car with gas when I have to use it. If the needle points to E when I get in the car, I'm not going to guess if it can get me to the next gas station. Funny how she never does this for anyone else but me. Let's see how much fun she has when she finds to her dismay that the gas is not in her car. Let her sell her fake appreciation to someone who cares. I'm washing my hands of her.

The only time I'm contacted by either one of you is to babysit at the last minute. Period. Let's not kid ourselves. Fred and Ethel don't feel comfortable because your wife would rather babble on her cell phone about absolutely nothing than be a polite hostess. Just because she reads the Martha Stewart magazine, it does not make her a better person.

I noticed the huge envelopes by the door in her handwriting addressed in her handwriting to those she prefers. Fine. It's loud and clear that I'm not welcome. In the past I would have been very hurt. Now I'm just numb to it.

Furthermore she did tell me last night,it was YOUR responsibility to take care of Zach's medicine and not me. Why would I knowingly ignore giving him his medicine?
How hard would it be to have put it in a sippy cup for him to drink on the way to school? But when you get on a tirade, it's best to let it roll. I bet dollars to donuts faux Mary Poppins has failed to give it to him while in her care.

I don't care that faux girl can do it all and is sooooo comfortable.She wasn't the one who was here when the shit when down. I'm the one who saw the aftermath first. NOT HER AND NOT YOU. Yes, you went into guy-mode, taking credit for the discovery when the cops arrived. But I know the truth.

Your son's ability to not handle Minne's abscence is due to her and not me. Zach told me he doesn't like it when Mommy's sisters hang around when she's not there. Straight from the horses mouth. He can hear you two arguing and when she speaks badly about you to her friends. He asked me if certain things mommy said about daddy were true. WTF is she coaching this kid for? His negative attitude is coming from the two of you. Clean up the attitude.

By the way in case you forget, I'm your sister and not the coven. I don't expect a parade but there will come a day when I won't be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home