Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ain't No Hollaback Girl

As April draws to a close I can only say this. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a new episode of Grey's Anatomy. I was so happy I clapped at the end. I found it very pivotal. It dealt with alot of issues pertaining to women. The way the message was conveyed was at times very subtle. Next week proves to be even better. Meredith confronts McDreamy about possibly being called a hoochie.

I could go on about what I loved about this episode. The substory of womens'abortion rights was absolutely fascinating. Everyone could relate to the moment where Dr. Montgomery-Shephard does exactly what the patient wants then the patient denies ever discussing it with her. The lady who wanted her tubes tied was a manipulative bitch. It sucks when you get screwed over like that when you try to help someone out. I'm no saint by any means but still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home