Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Where did you come from baby?

OMG my allergies are the worst. I have no idea what the mold/pollen count is out there. It's okay Mother Nature if you decide to tone it down. I've been a itchy eyed, runny nose, and tissue in front of my face type of lady.

I thought I was going to die when I forgot my mini-stash of Kleenex with me to the doctor's office. It was a two hour fun fest in the waiting room while Ethel was getting her teeth fixed. I really can't complain though. I was able to tackle 49 pages of "The 5 people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom. Before that I got my dose of Oprah and her debt diet. This was the first time Ethel was ever late for an appointment. I was shocked when she wasn't ready. But I didn't follow my usual routine either. I was still mad at Fred after what happened yesterday. I didn't feel like dealing with his shit that early in the morning. But I also overslept too. It is a rare thing for me to do these days.

On the drive over, Ethel filled me in on some things. I found out that when I left to go take books back to the library. Illegal Ione was back again harrassing Fred. Dammit. It's bad enough that the Senate wants to pass the stupidest illegal amnesty program yet. This time around they are giving extra bonus points to squatters who have lived in this country for five years or more. But less than that you have to leave. Yeah right. Certain days it appears member of Congress are just a bunch of overpaid jackasses. I'm writing my state senators about this topic. I'm sorry you don't have to go home but you sure as hell not staying here. This claim that our country would come to a standstill without them. Guess again. There's a little thing called temp agencies. These places and oh the unemployment office could very easily fill their positions with people who would be required to be paid a decent wage. It's a matter of supply and demand. Do the math.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home