Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's A Family Affair

Due to technical difficulties, yesterday's post was deleted. But I 'll bring you up to speed as to what is going on with me. This weekend is the celestial soiree with the extended family. I'd rather get a Pap Smear and my legs waxed that attend this family function. KT laughed so hard that she apologized to me. I said it dead pan which probably added to the humor of the statement.

Unless some divine intervention occurs immediately. It will just be a minimum of five hours of me cringing inside everytime the following phrases at uttered at me.
"Gee we thought you'd be married by now."
"You'd be so much prettier if you lost the weight."
"(fill in the blank) is so happy since she (fill in latest accomplishment courtesy of her family's finances)"
"We really should get together. There's someone I'd like you to meet."

There's the old adage. Pins and needles. Needles and pins. A man who is happy is a man who grins. This will be my mantra for the entire function.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home