Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

North, East, West, South, Living In The Same House

Is anyone else having as much fun as I am choosing a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan for their parents? Due to each thinking the other sibling had it taken care of, I drew the short stick. OMG who did Medicare pick to determine which pharmacies are within your radius? Even Mapquest couldn't have screwed up as badly as they did on this one. The name game on drugs and the ookabillion programs available are ridiculous. I don't blame the elderly who are saying "Bullocks is the name of my prescription drug plan!". Unfreakinbelievable. At least I'm out of the woods with the virus. There's still a hint of Kathleen Turner in my voice but I hope it will fade away quickly.

I'm making progress on the "Hey Crap Tour". All I wanted to do was sleep yesterday and I forced myself to stay awake.Three and a half bags gone. If only weight loss were that easy. Apparently Conan O'Brien is in town filming at the Chicago Theater. I hope you enjoy your stay while you're in town. The ex who's a tech guy is probably doing the union work there. As for my job prospects things are looking up, spinning things so it's a pretty and neat package is a struggle but I'll get there in babysteps.

I don't see what the big woo is about David Blaine or the fat guy walking across country. So he can hold his breath so can any toddler who decides to throw a tantrum in public. As for him being submerged underwater, he did have high tech help. Houdini would have never used a catheter. Or would he? The fat man walking lost weight because he walked it off. The point being what? He left a wife and two young children behind. If this is his way to deal with a mid-life crisis so be it.

One of the many upsides of clearing out the clutter is feeling the way the chi of different rooms feels. Yes I'm having a very Healing Earth moment. I don't know how else to describe it.

Life outlook is good.I'm having some Ashley Simpson acid reflux but I don't think it will effect my singing. Nick Lachey is sporting the tacky lounge singer act a little to early. Dude you should have married someone who was in your age range if you wanted a keeper.

In other easy reader news,I volunteered for a subcommittee position which might turn into something bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home