Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hyperactive in my brain

Jeez I should not have had those extra doses of caffeine. I'm so wired for sound right now. I hadn't planned on posting but I felt I'd be too jittery to put pen to paper. This weather is doing nothing for my waistline. I'm constantly having to rehydrate myself. If I feel like living dangerously, I drink tap water. I wish I could have some iced tea. Yes I know that would mean more caffeine but the sweetness would be a nice change from this blechy feeling.

I went to check out a future place of higher learning to spend money. The problem is I need a job first to pay for it. I loved the program until I did the math per credit hour. Jeez I just keep waffling with whether it's worth it to enter one of the world's second or third oldest professions.

It really ticks me off that B.J. expects me to settle for less than the best. Excuse me, I have parents and don't need your half assed advice on this. I know you're smarter than me on alot of things but when it comes to my life just back off dude! Take the glass out of your house before you enter my domicile.

In other news from my comfort zone, I wrote a piece for a worthwhile cause. Tonight I did the math. It's been over 16 years since I've published anything. I don't count papers for college because that's a totally different breed of bullshit. I actually toyed with the idea of going into public relations but in a way I've always done it over the years. I don't want to pollute the nation's ears with yet another way to build a better mousetrap. It's a real shame that papers have sold out to corporations. There are some days where I find inaccuracies and flaws in their stories. I don't know if it's professional envy that somehow the people with bylines were able to succeed in a field that has been previously closed to me.

You, Me, and DuPree is a great movie. It's a wonderful combination of thinking and funny. Matt Dillon has certainly made a few movies lately. Owen Wilson does a fantastic job of delivering a inspiring speech on Career Day. The only thing I would have changed is the ending. I won't say how it turns out but it could have sent a better message about self-esteem than it did. My change in the screenplay would have been for a better message to have been stated about education. One thing B.J. and I agree upon is that Uncle OG certainly has alot similarities to Michael Douglas's character.

Before I go to sleep this is for the East Coast Easy Reader. I can't believe you spent your lunch hour reading my blog. Was it a slow news day for you? I'm curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home