Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ticking Away From Me

Today was spent with the curtains drawn and lights off. Halt the do-me music and have total silence. It was the day of the migraine. The last thing I wanted to see was people of any kind. I was grateful for the sound of silence and the temporary disappearance of screaming shorties in the distance. This schedule I've been on cannot be good. It's now after 8pm and I'm finally at a comfortable level of functioning.

Can someone tell Mother Nature to knock it off? My attempt to go to the Southport Festival was blocked by that sudden rain burst. Then two weeks ago it was another outdoor social event. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone here. What's the big idea?

Grad school discussions came on the table. I don't know what to do. I have no clue why I was so attached to the first college and now what was originally the first college is now number two. Hell, an educational investment should come with some guarantees. One that includes job security, happiness, and a place to live. If the city can come up with a living wage policy then add to it a comfortable lifestyle.

I'm boycotting The Chicago Tribune and that includes the Cubs. Today's cover story of in The Chicago Magazine is absolutely offensive. It's a smack in the face to every single immigrant who came here legally. Funny how the illegal high school girls had no problem being photographed for the story but don't want their last names in print. It won't take much detective work for anyone to figure out who they are. It's not enough that she got a free public education and medical care but she expects a free ride to college because she and her mother broke the law. Who are you kidding? What gave you the right to be so arrogant and cocky? I'm more disgusted than ever at the sense of entitlement. Here's a thought get a job and pay for college. People do it everyday. You never had to work an outside job during high school and expect some fairy benefactors to kiss your illegal ass. Chicago Tribune's job is supposed to report stories in an objective fashion. This feature story certainly shows where their loyalties lie. If I were a advertiser, I'd pull ads. Let's see how many papers they'll sell when they oops don't have revenue coming in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home