Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, December 23, 2005

3 French toast, 2 turtlenecks, and a beer

Bob and Doug MacKenzie's "12 Days of Christmas" always gets a giggle from me whenever I hear it. While doing laundry this morning, I listened to Kathy and Judy's "Merry Medical Christmas" program.It's where people send in holiday update letters from friends or relatives that provide too much information about surgeries, infections, and bodily fluids. It totally cracked me up.

I stopped by and babysat Zach while Minnie cleaned upstairs. Zach has been stricken with bronchitis and gave it to some kids along with their goody bags at his party. Poor little fella. He was coughing like he had a pack a day habit. I brought over "The Little Drummer Boy" but he lost interest. I asked how life was in pre-school. He proceeds to tell me proudly how he made a BIG poo poo and stretched his arms wide to show how long it was. It took alot for me not to start laughing all over the place. He's such a guy. I brought over gifts for Zach to wrap so he can give them to Grandma and Grandpa. He got real excited when he helped me put the boxes together. He came up with a great idea. Instead of wrapping two separate gifts, we stuck the two gifts together and wrapped them that way. I cut the paper at first and he put the tape on. Zach was thrilled to play with the scotch tape. In fact he kept trying to use more than was necessary. I thought it was better for me not to be picky and to just let him tape and wrap on his own. He was so proud. When it was time for me to leave, he was sad and didn't want me to take the wrapping paper. For some reason he wanted to keep it and put some on the tree.

After Minnie cleaned up she came back and whined about how Sissie had missed Zach's party. Sissie had exams and is in a Ph.D program. I think that takes priority. As well Minnie moaned about how she wished she had some time tomorrow just two hours to get things done. Yeah I knew she was fishing for me to go and offer to come back tomorrow. Um no I don't think so. I did that last year and I see where it got me. DP called her and chatted about cancelling plans so she can go date some random guy. Minnie took that call in front of me to get a reaction and I didn't give her what she wanted. Too bad. She proceeded to complain how she had to go to Fred's brother's place for New Year's and pumping me for information. I didn't know and could not care less. It's not like she's not spending time with her friends on Christmas Day as it was. She went on about how great Zach's kiddie party was. It was such a pathetic display on her part.

I've been up and doing laundry since 8am.Then I helped Ethel make and bake bread. I'm tired and it's not even 2pm.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home