Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Tis' The Season

I know that pen is around here somewhere.I saw it.Somewhere in the living it's saying,"Find me".

I'm actually in a somewhat upbeat mood for a change.Call it what you will. The spirit of the season.Who knows? Somethings is going on and I am most grateful for it.

To start I'd like to give a shout out to the floral industry.After years of red pointsettas,I was stunned to find blue pointsettas.There were lavender one too, but I love the shade of blue on these leaves.It looks like someone took a blue pastel and just decided to go to town on the leaves.Hopefully I can make the plant last to next Christmas.One year I had a pointsetta last until July.I don't know what happened to it after that because someone decided to jones it off of the plant stand in the hall.I picked up a more traditional looking one for Fred and Ethel's table.Of course the first thing out of Fred's mouth is "WTF did you bring a Jewish plant home for?" He continued to complain about the prices I paid which were 7 and 9 dollars respectfully.Then he went on to say how he always bought better ones for the restaurant that were cheaper.Of course he would get a better price, buying in bulk does that.There was a lady who had a whole cartful of them and I thought there was a special sale. She was kind enough to let me know that the cart was indeed hers and there more down that way. Some guy tried to line jump at the checkout counter and this woman just nailed him for it. I was standing behind her the entire time and he had come to the line after me. Typical jerk thinks he can get his way just because he exists. She turns around to look at me and I waved.That's when she let him have it. He claimed he didn't see the line. Sure I'm just waiting line because I don't have better things to do.

This past week,I've decluttered some more.Even though, I have a cold I'm still pushing through it.Usually I just want to baby myself.Curl up on the couch and be surrounded by everyone over the counter helper known to man.


You may think it has to do with Mr. Date but that's farther from the truth.Chez P. ,as I dubbed him, is a good guy.But even I know "He's Just Not That Into Me". Although he's emailed this past week, there was no mention of date number two. I'm totally okay with this. In the past, I'd be consulting astrologyzone.com and have an internal death match with myself about my self esteem. I have no idea what has sparked this change of mind. I don't want to change him. It just didn't work out. I wish he'd just say so but most guys are wusses and want to avoid confrontation.As for new Mr. Potential, I'm not going to hold my breath. I have more important things to do.

The Chicago Sun-Times is doing a five day feature story about single women. I read today's story. The women who were featured appeared to be confident and self-assured about the decisions they have made thus far. That is in sharp contrast to the buzz going on a bitchphd's blog about the article regarding women. After I read the all of the responses I just had to take a step back.

I'm very excited about some job opportunities.There are other things crystallizing in my snowglobe this season but I'm going to leave it to the spirit of the season. Bible verse of today is Matthew 19:26,Everything is possible with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home