Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, January 27, 2006

And Daytime to Every Purpose Under Heaven

A caveat presented itself and I didn't understand it until now. As I was about to go checkout I came across audiobook entitle, "What to do when God doesn't answer your prayers". I thought I was doing a good thing by not getting it. Not good at all.

Laundry couldn't get done because Miss Laundry Supreme hogged it all day. I tried accessing a website I found on the book "Now Discover Your Strengths". I called to find out why. I was told I had to buy the book in order to receive the pamphlet, that gives the code, that let's you access the site. That chased the rat, that ate the malt, that lived in the house that Jack built.

Then Fred announces that he's going to see Dr. Curious tomorrow because HE was invited. Okay, last week I get lectured that Saturdays are days from hell and NOT to come into the office. As well I'm NOT supposed to call him because I'd be bothering him.

I couldn't get hold of supervisors of places. ALL were in meetings. On the flipside, I missed Minnie's call (everybody say "Awwww..),it must not have been important because she didn't hotline the in-laws either. Then I found out plans for a visit were rescheduled but the excuse is valid. In the bigger picture it's better for her focus her energies on the situation at hand. It's a doozy. Please pray that all works out for those involved.

Dear Dr. Phil and staff,
When you say you're giving something away for free, common sense would be to tell your website kings and queens to back it up so the site doesn't crash. I knew it was coming so I just laughed when it happened to me. I didn't laugh when my order for the item kept being interrupted by the cybergods. Also the site with the free product has sold out but no one bothered to update it. Not cool but I'll get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home