Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

She Dreams In Colors, She Dreams In Red

"It's another shitty day in paradise"-Uncle OG

Yesterday was bad because the little thugs came back looking for me. They were roaming the halls dumbfounded and loud. I stood with my ear pressed to my door."I KNOW she's lives here, man. Her car is out there." Thank God my neighbors came in when they did and stopped any ideas they had in mind.

This morning I awoke with a migraine and a anxiety attack. Nothing was working until I took a hot shower. I was proud of myself. I was able to communicate to Ethel that my irritableness had nothing to do with her.

It was a trip to Dr. Penny. On the road,Ethel was finally getting the jist of what B.J. and I have been telling them all along. The neighborhood has dramatically changed and the unfortunate element can no longer go unnoticed.A change in location might be a good idea for them.

I was trying to justify in my head to stay home because I was still scared to go out at night. I thought about it then I got angry. I'm not going to let them get the best of me. I noticed that mace had expired and thought it would be easy to replace after I returned my books to the library. From there the joy resumes.

I finished Skywriting by Jane Pauley. It's a great read. I love autobiographies for that reason. You're able to get into someone's soul and see a side that the cameras can never do justice. When you paint an image, it's you conveying to the viewing how you interpret the inatimate object during a particular place and time. She recommended a book about your strengths which I found and was taking out of the library. Since I'm going to start going on interviews fairly soon, I always get flustered when the what-are-your-strengths question comes up.. I never did get around to seeing "A Day Without A Mexican". But apparently it's a pretty hot ticket and is now on it's way to a library downstate.

I go to check out and I'm told I owe thirty dollars in fines. I didn't blow up. Instead I was just stunned. Last week I asked the clerk who was checking out my books if she could renew the dvds I had taken out and were due that day. She said no problem. It was a big mistake to trust the spacey dyed bitch. Tonight's clerk was expecting drama and I told him flatly it wasn't his fault so no big deal. However I get to deal with the supervisor. I was frustrated because I expect when someone tells me no problem that it will be no problem.

This was followed by a trip to Wallyworld. Last week I asked the head of their music department if the collection of songs on the cd were original tracks or were they updated version by the same artist. You couldn't tell based on the packaging information.I asked if it could be returned if I opened it. He said, "No problem". Big mistake.

A note to bands of the past. I want to hear the original version of your song. Your update versions do nothing for me. Your voices have been destroyed by the large amounts of alcohol and drugs that you put into your system. Contrary to what you've been told, you suck. I thought my ears were about to bleed because your voice just butchered the song that put you on the map.

I had to deal with the store manager. He was a pretty cool guy actually. There must have been a turnover. I asked him where I could find mace or pepper spray because I needed replace what I have. He told me they no longer carried it. No I have not been living under a rock. But I went to 5 stores. Four of them were male clerks who kept directing me from store to store. One place showed me that I could buy bear repellant. Let me get this straight. I can buy bear repellant for a whopping $34.95 but not mace. It makes total sense. Of course, a pack of Grizzlies was spotted on the Kennedy heading for the Addison exit because they want dibs on the new bleacher seats at Wrigley Frield.

Finally I ended up at Jewel where the lovely ladies clued me in to what was going on. Because of the E2 nightclub disaster, Gov. B. banned used of pepper spray in club because of the boneheaded security guards. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved one in that nightmare. If it means going on a scavenger hunt for me then it's all good. It is what it is. I went with an alternate. I bought myself a can of Aquanet. That stuff will stun just about anybody.

Speaking of which, Gov. B. signed into law banning stun guns. Oh yeah, that makes me feel like doing a Toyota jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home