Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Where Do We Go From Here?

With the way the rain was pounding down tonight I was expecting to see a unicorn with a sign saying "Noah's Ark or Bust". The weather worked to my advantage. But that's one of the few things that went well.

Dear Medicare Drug Plan,

WTF is the deal with your start date? I told the pharmacy to hook me up with enough for Ethel so she could slide into the transition. Joe TechHead actually had to look at his freakin' cell phone to figure out that he did the math wrong. Before your genius drug plan, we used to be able to catch a freebie of one or two pills. No we were not mooches unlike some others I could easily mention. But now everything has to be ubermeticulous. I'm surprised I didn't have to drag Fred from his sickbed to pick his medicine.

Yeah, Fred having the flu and Ethel having a magic number of 130 have been keeping me hopping. When I have to make appointments like this, I wonder again wth will happen when I reenter the work force. It's not a question of how but now just a matter of time. There's a huge possibility that the summer school class is out because I just checked my calendar for appointments.

From what I remember, instructors are usually very strict as to the amount of class that you can miss. I understand it's to keep order, etc.. but here's the thing. If my ass is paying for my seat, regardless of whether I show up or not I shouldn't be penalized if I can do the work. I don't know I'm just really confused as to what my options are at this point. Just when I think I'm in the clear, it's as if someone says, "Oh, you thought you were getting a mulligan. No I don't think so."

Minnie was all a twitter because her idol Jennifer Aniston was in town. No doubt one of her buddies was out on Southport screaming at the actress.With the right amount of slapstick perhaps the film will generate some cash. But the premise of the film has been done before. All you have to do is step in the way back machine and go to a film called,"War Of The Roses". Most likely Ebert and Roeper will give it a glowing review since Vaughn is of a Lake Forest address. Although not a true Chicagoan since he's originally from Minnesota but I digress. Everyone came from somewhere. Vinnie looked kinda hungover on the newsclips. Aniston wearing sunglasses in the private skybox where there was no sun was another possible tipoff of too much hooch.

It irked me the way the Governor just slapped sugar all over the place. Oh gag me. It's not like we don't have enough problems in this state. Hanging out at The Musicbox should not be on your list of priorities. I'd like to know how much of the taxpayer dollars were spent on this movie debut. I cringe to do the math myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home